Install Omega Rom v42 (XXEMR2) Android 4.1.2 On Your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Already with the first official firmware Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean released by Samsung via Kies and OTA for GT-I9300 Galaxy S3 International, Omega roms as other have their version on this official firmware.
Omega Rom v40 for Galaxy S3 is based on the firmware XXEMR2 Android 4.1.2 (02/01/2013) and is a Deodexed rom, which keeps the root, and not full Zip aligned Wipe that adds several features Android 4.2 and keyboard with Gesture Typing option, gallery, gmail, clock, etc.
That’s what comes with Omega v42 for Galaxy S3 :
- Kernel Stock XXEMR2
- Modem BUEMA1
All mods and updates from previous JB Omega 4.1.2 versions added
As Omega Rom v42 install on your Galaxy S3:
First of all we are not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device if you do not follow the tutorial to the letter or brikea, this guide is only for the model GT-I9300.
If you want a clean install of Omega v40, you must first install the official firmware Android 4.1.2 for Galaxy S3, and with Jelly Bean as a base you can install without problems Omega v40.
Make a Nandroid of your current Firmware Rom or having your device, if you want to return to your old rom or firmware.
Copy the rom I9300_Omega_v42_XXEMR2_JB_4.1.2.zip downloaded to the root folder of your microSD card.
Your Galaxy S3 must have root access and menu ClockworkMod Recovery, you can be doing this tutorial with root: Root Galaxy S3.
1. – Now with root access to ClockworkMod recovery : press both keys: Vol + + Home + Power until you restart your smartphone and exit the menu cwm recovery.
Navigate with volume keys + and -, to accept a choice you must press the Home button.
2. – Choose Wipe Data / Factory Reset and click Yes – delete all user data for the wipe, returns to the previous menu by Go Back.
3. – Choose Wipe Cache partition and click yes.
4. – Choose “Advanced”
5. – Select Wipe Dalvik Cache and click yes.
6. – Select Install zip from sdcard.
7. – Choose choose zip from sdcard.
8. – Choose the file I9300_Omega_v42_XXEMR2_JB_4.1.2.zip
9. – Click Yes.
You will get the installer apps (Aroma installer) and ask you three options:
1. – Omega Rom Installation: To install the ROM
2. – System Info: shows you all the info on your device.
3. – Efs backup, recommended for all users who have released their Galaxy S3 by Voodo or another app.
When you made the backup of the EFS folder back to the main menu and choose Omega Rom Installation and have three options:
1. – Default instalation (all applications installed by default with Omega)
2. – Remove bloatware (removes all native apps but Samsung TouchWiz Interface)
3. – Custom instlation (the most recommended to choose which applications you want to have Samsung stock in your smartphone).
PS: I recommend no change is already having Super Charger V6 incompatibility with TouchWiz multitasking.
Choose the option you want and follow all the steps that will appear on the screen.
When the ROM is installed, you are prompted to reboot your device and that’s all you’ve installed on your Omega v42 XXEMR2 Galaxy S3.
To update the new versions of Omega Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S3 :
- Copy the new version of Omega in the root folder of your microSD.
- Access the ClockworkMod recovery
- Do not do the Wipe Data / Factory reset, if you do lose the data and installed apps.
- Select Install zip from sdcard
- Select choose zip from sdcard
- Select the. Zip of the new version of Omega Rom .
- Click on Yes.
- Just do the Wipe cache and Wipe Dalvik cache from Aroma Installer.
- Choose which apps you want to have on your Samsung smartphone and installed the rom normally.
- Reboot your Galaxy S3.
Do not forget to re-flash the mods you had in the previous version because only intact all installed apps and data with no mods like themes etc, which flashed in. Zip.
Official thread on XDA | XXEMR2 Omega v42 Rom.
How to install a kernel insurance to avoid sudden death and exploit the Exynos chip:
As Omega is a rom that comes with root access, so you just flash a kernel insurance, in this case is recommended Philz kernel Touch Recovery .
What can you do with Touch Philz v 4.35 CWM 18.104.22.168 Enhanced Touch-exFAT-root
New in Touch Philz v4.35 Recovery (CWM 22.214.171.124 based)
- Vulnerability fix: setting a fake / corrupted png file as background resulted in a bootloop into recovery
- Vulnerability fix: cancel nandroid operations result in data corruption Could if user Attempted to delete backup Directly from menu or forced to reboot
- Friendly Log View: toggle During install of zip files (manual, multi, on boot) and forced When Show Log from advanced menu
- Pause on show log: Forced in Show Log from advanced menu. Always disabled for multi flash and on boot zip, zip toggle for manual installs
- Install zip menu That order changed so install from internal / external are nearby
- Move reset / save settings to main recovery menu Settings Philz
We will install the kernel Philz Touch v4.35 :
By Odin | philz_touch_4.35-i9300.tar.md5
For the Recovery | philz_touch_4.35-i9300.zip.
Install by Odin :
Put your download mode Galaxy S3, run Odin, sync your Galaxy S3 via USB and select the file philz_touch_4.5-i9300.tar.md5 PDA field, make sure the Re-Partition field is not checked, and click Star
Install the Recovery:
- Download and save to the microSD card on your smartphone this file: philz_touch_4.35-i9300.zip.
- Reboot into stock recovery mode (volume up + home + power)
- Select “install zip from SD”
- Select the file philz_touch_4.35-i9300.zip and flash it
- Your Galaxy S3 will have the Philz kernel v4.35.
That’s all you’ve installed a secure kernel on your Galaxy S3 with Omega rom.
Official Thread | Philz Tuch Galaxy S3.
How to customize and improve your experience with Omega Rom on your Galaxy S3 :
Important: Make a Nandroid (backup) from the CWM Recovery on your device before installing any mod or apk.
Omega V38 and comes with support for Flash Player must choose from the Aroma Installer.
So you can watch flash videos on sites without problems installing from cwm recovery | Enable_advertisements.zip
Application runs Omega Files on your smartphone and go to each application category, where is the url of the source, a brief description and the direct download link, which is automatically downloaded to the Downloads folder Download or internal memory your device, all these files are in zip format or. apk.
If you are a. Apk install it directly, if a. Zip must restart mode CWM Recovery Press buttons: Vol + + Home + Power and Mode cwm recovery goes to install zip from sdcard, choose choose zip from internal sdcard and Find and mark the. zip the mod you want flash, and click Yes.
Reboot your device and you have installed the mod.
Audio: Awesome BEATS v3 dramatically improves the sound quality of your smartphone and Audio Hacks and Modifications + New Insanely Loud Volume Hack volume increases, which have a higher volume and better quality for your Galaxy S3.
With the mod Audio Hacks have 4 options :
60_sound_mod – max vol = 60 (boot sound on, sound off camera) 63_sound_mod – max vol = 63 (boot sound on, sound off camera) 63S_sound_mod – max vol = 63 (boot sound off, sound off camera) Backup_sound_mod (original files if want to remove this mod)
You can choose the one you like, personally I have the 63_sound_mod – max vol = 63, which increased by 100% gain sound and the v3 AwesomeBEATS improve sound quality.
Do not forget to set the App Awesome BEATS v3 values and audio quality you most like.
We will update this note with the new versions of Omega Rom Series for the Galaxy S3.